Because you never know what’s around the corner, the Subaru BRZ is built with some of the very latest technologies. It’s safety without compromise â€ an integral part of any performance car.
Thanks to its clever combination of collision protection technology, Subaru BRZ has achieved the maximum 5 star ANCAP1 safety rating. This is a result of an incredibly rigorous safety innovation program that includes seven SRS2 airbags â€ dual front, dual front side, curtain-style and drivers-knee â€ and a whiplash-reducing design, which provides extreme support for passengers’ head, neck and torso.
In case of an accident, the ring-shaped passenger cell redirects impact energy around your passengers, while the body frame is structured to distribute the impact to reduce cabin distortion. Add to that energy absorbing crumple zones and pre-tensioner front seat belts. Now enjoy the drive with the confidence of top-rated collision protection technology.
1. The Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP) gives consumers consistent information on the level of occupant protection provided by vehicles in serious front and side crashes.
2. SRS: Supplemental Restraint System.Effective when used in conjunction with seatbelts.
The Safer Engine
The famous Subaru Boxer engine is not only a great performer; it also helps to reduce the risk of injury in a severe frontal collision. This is because it’s designed to sit lower and flatter in the engine bay than traditional engines, so it will slide below the cabin â€ not through it â€ in a heavy front end accident.
Driver Assistance at the Ready
Sudden stopping. Surprise roadworks. Hairpin turns. Subaru BRZ is ready for extreme urban conditions with its electronic driver assist system, Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC). Featuring a range of stability and braking technologies, VDC steps in to help maintain your safety in extreme situations.
Constantly analysing through an array of sensors, VDC includes:
- Electronic Stability Control: Helps you gain control if you unexpectedly understeer or oversteer, by applying brakes, reducing engine power and distributing torque.
- Traction Control System: Helps you minimise your wheel slip by reducing engine power.
- Limited Slip Device: Helps you maintain control by transferring power from the wheels that slip to the wheels that grip.
- Anti-lock Braking System: Helps you stay in control by minimising stopping distance and maintaining vehicle control under brakes.
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution: Helps keep you safe by controlling the braking pressure to the front and rear wheels all the time.
- Brake Assist: Helps you in emergency situations by maximising stopping power.
Up-to-Date on the Road
You’ll never need to look away from the road, with the new Multi-Information Display unit providing all your vehicle information right in the centre of your instrument cluster. Located directly in front of the driver, it includes information like outside temperature and fuel economy.